1. “When a man is denied the right to live the life he believes in, he has no choice but to become an outlaw.”
2. “No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.”
Em português: Sete grandes frases de Nelson Mandela
3. “During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die.”
4. "After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb."
5. "A nation should not be judged by how it treats its highest citizens, but its lowest."
6. "To overthrow oppression has been sanctioned by humanity and is the highest aspiration of every free man."
7. "The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."